You are here
Home > News > Kaduna Electric staff narrowly escapes electrocution in Ungwan Boro Kaduna

Kaduna Electric staff narrowly escapes electrocution in Ungwan Boro Kaduna

by Achadu Gabriel, Kaduna

A casual staff of Kaduna Electric Distribution Company (KAEDCO) narrowly escaped electrocution in Ungwan Boro community in Kaduna State.

The casual staff (name withheld), however, suffered serious head injuries as a result of fire from a transformer on which he attempted to carry out some repairs.

The incident, which occurred in Ungwan Boro, Sabon Tasha, in Chikun local government area Kaduna State metropolis, attracted speculations and sympathy by residents of the area, who witnessed the sad event.

A Hulux van with a KAEDCO label within the vicinity during the tragedy swiftly took the victim and rushed him to hospital for treatment, according to eyewitness.

A few days later, KAEDCO staff from Barnawa came to remove the entire transformer for alleged repair, but the move was resisted by the youth, who suspected foul play, after failed attempt to repair it. Since the incident happened – about one week ago – electricity consumers in the area of Ungwan Boro have not experienced power supply up till date.

Share from Conscience Triumph

Leave a Reply

Top